Tuesday 28 October 2008

First Day of Work

Well, first day at Broadcom, that is. Not too big of a deal. Most things were the same. Except we were on a new network setup. Which means no access to the AMD company intranet, and more importantly, no access to Office Communicator. Whatever will I do when I need to talk to one of you?

I also wasted some of the day trying to figure out my email password. We got new Broadcom-y emails, for which we set the password a few weeks ago. Normally, this would be fine, but that day really sucked, sleep-wise, so I didn't remember what I set at all. Tried calling the IT desk, but it didn't seem to work. We thought it was just busy from everyone forgetting their passwords, but actually there was some long-distance code we needed to enter for it to dial.

Anyway, that's about all that happened on my second "first day". Of course, I did some real work, too. But I don't think that's as interesting.

1 comment:

Bubblewrap said...

i hate schoollllllll elliott! stupid physics option >.<

btw, my GRE went OKAY. I'm happy with my mark and that I don't have to write it again for any part that I could have screwed up. Oh.. I'm not writing the Physics GRE - Julie, Andrew, Mike, Alexei all wrote it. Because I forgot to sign up for the one at U of T. And I didn't feel like writing it in Hamilton (this weekend.. I think).
But I can apply for US engineering schools still... definitely not physics programs~ that's okay since I'm sick of physics already.